in 1618 by the Ottoman vizier Okuz Mehmet Pasa, the attractive Caravanserail was served for
the sea trade of the region. The delicate model of the Ottoman architectural style,
consists of an open square-like rectangular court which is surrounded by a two storied and
roofed portico. There are two doors in the north and in the west. The door in the west is
the main entrance of Caravanserail, having two different arch ways on the left and on the
right. The left arch way, with its small backdoor, is considered to be used as a left
luggage place, whereas the right one was used by the guardians protecting the
Caravanserail. Rather than the simply looking entrance door, there is an alternative door
opening to the market of the town, on the northern side of the Caravanserail. The
construction is covered with a flat roof, supported on the northern surface. By the
excavations, a fountain was revealed in the middle of the courtyard and was decorated as a
pool. The court is surrounded by cross vault porches.
The Caravanserail was used by tradesmen for the works of repairing
until 1965. It has been serving as an authentic hotel and restaurant since 1965-70.
How to Go?
located close to the harbor, in the hearth of Kusadasi. It is open to all visitors.